Keeping a sturdy and damage-free home is a year-round priority for every homeowner or property manager. That’s why you should always be on the lookout for anything that can change that. Take your roofing system, for example. When it has leaks, or has sustained damage from a major weather event, deal with the problem as soon as possible. But before you have actual work done on your roof, you’ll need to get an accurate and detailed estimate. Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC, one of the area’s leading roof replacement companies, discusses more of it here.
What You Should Know About Roof Estimates
Getting them is important. For one thing, they’ll give you a pretty clear picture of the type of work involved with your project, and what things will be going into its final price. Knowing all of these minute details clears any confusion regarding the project, and helps you avoid possible issues later on. The details–or lack thereof–in your roof estimate can even help you figure out which roofing contractor to work with, in fact.
Most roofers offer a free, no-obligation roof repair or replacement estimate, and the things written in them may vary. But one thing’s for sure–you should not settle for an estimate with just a dollar amount. Here are some of the essential details to look for in a good roof estimate:
- Estimated Start and Completion Dates. This refers to the day when the actual roofing work will commence. You’ll want to make sure the start date is not too early that you’ll have no time to prepare. At the same time, it should be soon enough to meet your needs. Of course, you should also note the estimated completion date in the estimate.
This detail is as important as the starting date because it gives you an idea on how fast your contractor works. You probably already know that the longer the work, the higher the labor costs. Barring extreme weather and other unforeseen circumstances, your roofer should be able to finish the project in a timely fashion.
- Full Work Description. A good roofing estimate should provide an exhaustive description of the tasks to be done, and the materials to be used. Specific details may include:
- Which roof components and areas need to be worked on
- Who will be responsible for a specific task, and how many
- Whether outsourcing certain tasks will be necessary
- Descriptions of all roofing products that will be used
- Size, placement, and thickness of specific roofing materials
- Repair or installation methods that will be used
- Possible step-by-step description of the task
- Material and Labor Costs. Your roof estimate should include the costs of every material and product essential to the project–from the shingle nails and underlayment, to the ventilation and gutters. The same goes for labor costs. If you spot any charge that seems out of place, make sure to promptly ask your roofer for clarification.
- Insurance Coverage and Warranty Details. Roofing projects are usually large and complex undertakings, so it’s a good idea to check the estimate for insurance information, which should include workers’ compensation and liability coverage. The last thing you want is to be held accountable should any accidents that may occur in your property during the project. You should also check the estimate to determine what types of warranties or guarantees your roofing contractor offers.
- Payment Information. Does your roofer take credit cards, or do they offer financing programs? Look for possible modes of payment in the roof estimate so you know which option will be most flexible and convenient for you. Most importantly, the estimate should have a provision that holds back the final payment until you are completely satisfied about the project’s results.
- A Way Out. A well-defined termination clause is crucial in every roof estimate. This clause should explain why you or the contractor are terminating the agreement without any sort penalty should the terms of the contract be violated.
Why You Should Work with Us
Whether you need roof repair or replacement, Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC will always make sure you’re provided with a comprehensive, accurate estimate covering every aspect of your roofing project. Should you need to, our friendly and helpful representative will be more than happy to give you a rundown of what to expect from the upcoming job. But this is not the only reason Texas homeowners and commercial property managers turn to us for their roofing needs. We are:
- Family-Owned and -Operated. With Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC, you can expect your roofing project will be given the full attention it deserves. We have only the utmost respect for the homeowners we serve, which is why we’ll treat your home and property like they’re our own. We clean up after ourselves, aiming to leave your property cleaner than when we found it. Our personalized services, in fact, is one of the ways we can achieve complete client satisfaction.
- Credentialed. It always pays to work with roof replacement companies, like Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC, who have all the necessary credentials. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured–with workers’ compensation and liability coverage to better protect you.
- Experienced. Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC has provided the highest quality roofing solutions to homeowners and property managers in the Greater Austin area since 2010. Over the past decade, our skilled and professional team has worked hard to establish confidence between us and the communities we serve–all while living up to our company motto: “Where Service Meets Quality.” When you turn to us for your project, you’re sure the work will be completed perfectly right the first time.
- Established. Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC remains one of the area’s top roofers because we ensure full customer satisfaction through unmatched workmanship. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau®?, earning its prominent A+ rating. The high ratings and scores we’ve received from our clients is also testament to our quality of work.
- Certified. We’ll help you keep a sturdier and lovelier home with our top-tier roofing products from the most trusted brands. Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC is certified by GAF®, Owens Corning® and McElroy Metal, allowing you access to exceptional roofing systems that can withstand the harshest elements, while improving your home’s curb appeal. They also come with solid warranty coverage that adds an extra layer of protection to your investment.
Turn only to Sanders Roofing & Exteriors, LLC, one of the trusted roofers in the area, for all your residential and commercial roofing needs. We ensure a smooth and worry-free experience when you work with us. We serve Austin, TX, and the surrounding areas. Call us today at (512) 590-0748 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.